Weight Management Programmes for adults
Losing weight, even small amounts, can bring significant health benefits to people, especially with conditions such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and knee or hip problems. It will also make you feel better and more energetic.
Weight Off Workshop (16+) FAQ
How long does it last?
- The course runs for a period of 12 weeks. You are allowed about 16 weeks to complete the course to account for holidays, illness etc.
How many times a week?
- The course is only a once a week commitment, for 1.5 hours- there are 168 hours in a week, that’s about 1/168th of the week you are required to invest in yourself.
What does it include?
- Physical Activity- Based on the idea of circuit training- there is no expectation, just turn up and work as hard as you can (You get in what you put out) :D.
- Nutrition- Each week the nutrition topic will vary, from carbohydrates to eating out, we have got each topic covered.
- Weigh in- Each week there will be a weekly weigh in to document your weight progress. We are aiming for a pound to two pound weight loss over the course of the programme.
How much does it cost?
- The course is absolutely free.
Where is it based?
- The course is based in three locations, at K2 Crawley, the Friary Hall in the town centre, and at Ifield Community College.
When do the classes run?
- The classes run on a mixture of mornings, afternoons and evenings Monday-Thursday.
Is there certain times that the classes run throughout the year?
No, it is a rolling programme so you are free to start at any point- so just start :D
Are there any requirements for the course?
To qualify for the course you must be over the age of 16, live and/or work in Crawley, and have a BMI over 25+.
I am interested in the course, what is the next step?
- If this is something that you are interested in, why don’t you get in touch with us, by either calling 01293 585317, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or popping into our office, based at K2 Crawley.