Welcome to Crawley’s health walk scheme, your first steps to a healthier lifestyle.
Our scheme gives you a chance to undertake walking in a friendly, supportive and supervised environment.
All walks are led by a qualified health walk leader. We offer a range of walks to allow for different standards of walkers and progression as fitness improves. They start at level 1 (up to 30 minutes of walking) through to level 3 (up to 90 minutes of walking).
People looking for longer walks are welcome to join a countryside walk led by Gatwick Greenspace Partnership.
Who can attend the walks?
Anyone is welcome, there are no age limits, but an adult must accompany children.
New to walking with us?
No formal membership is required, as of the 6th of September all you need to do is simply turn up to the walk.
If this is your first time walking with us you will need to complete a health walk registration form – We ask that this is completed and returned before your first walk, copies are also available from one of our walk leaders.
Where can I find about the walks?
The health walks will be running throughout the week and can be found on our events page.
Terms and conditions
- Do not attend any walks if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Any walkers showing COVID-19 symptoms while on a walk will be asked to leave immediately and self-isolate according to the current government guidelines
- If you become ill with COVID-19 within 5 days after attending a walk, you must inform us immediately by calling 07867558918 or by emailing email@example.com
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for the conditions. Please contact the team if you are not sure.
- Bring your own food and water (please do not share unless you are from the same household).
- Please bring your own alcohol-based hand sanitiser, face covering and first aid kit (optional).
- Plan in advance how you will get to the walk- where possible, minimising the use of car share and public transport. The latest Covid-19 guidelines on travel can be found on the UK Government website.
- Enjoy the walk!
See our Events page for details of walks coming up.