Debt and money advice
Organisations providing support
- Citizens Advice in West Sussex provides a confidential and impartial service. You can contact them by telephone on: 0344 477 1171. Or visit one of the 11 centres located throughout West Sussex. Locations can be found either by ringing the advice line or visiting the Citizens Advice in West Sussex website. The national Citizens Advice website also contains lots of useful advice and guidance.
- The Boom! Credit Union is like a bank in that it lends to borrowers and looks after money for savers, but unlike a bank it does not operate to make a profit. It is a co-operative which is owned by its members. For more information visit the West Sussex County Council website.
- Age UK West Sussex provide a confidential and impartial service specifically aimed to meet the needs of older people. They cover a range of issues including: benefits, pensions, debt, budgeting, housing needs, finding help at home and accessing care and support. For more information, telephone 0800 019 1310. Outreach appointments and home visits can be arranged.
- West Sussex Carewise provide information and advice to help plan for the funding of care needs.
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP) is a free debt counselling and advice service that offers a listening, non-judgemental ear for anyone struggling with debt. Call 0800 3280006 (freephone) to speak to one of their friendly advisors. Visit the CAP website for more information.
- The MoneyHelper website provides impartial information and guidance on a range of financial services from banks to home insurance to managing your money as a student. It won’t sell you anything and it doesn’t recommend specific products or providers.
- The Debt Support Trust offers help and advice to anyone struggling to cope with the stress and strain associated with mounting debts. They offer telephone and internet based debt advice.
- The Government website is also a good place to find lots of useful information on a range of topics including Working, jobs and pensions and Benefits.